Saturday, October 22, 2011

Unchanged Side?

That is what Owen Coyle will probably do today against Sunderland.  He will name an unchanged side from last week's win over Wigan Athletic.  I think this is a mistake.

Watching the match against Wigan, I couldn't help but think that the 3-1 scoreline flattered to deceive.  Wigan had a lot of space in midfield, and Sunderland have a much better midfield than Wigan.

The primary danger man is Stephane Sessegnon.  He is quick, creative, a great passer, and will sit just behind the striker.  I think he needs to be accounted for, and in my opinion, the best way to do it is to play a 4-5-1 formation.  A lot of players looked good last week, and they should keep their places, but Captain Kevin Davies hasn't looked good since early 2010.  I would drop him and bring in a midfielder.

Jussi
Boyata, Cahill, Wheater, Gardner
Reo-Coker, M. Davies
Petrov, Pratley, Eagles
Ngog  

No comments: